Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sketch

The film at Sketch was like no other film experience I have had before. The closest thing to it that I can think of is an IMAX or planetarium film, where you are surrounded by the screen which makes it difficult for you to see everything at once. The Sketch film experience uses a combination of multiple screens with sometimes different and at other times similar scenes on the screens, which work together to create a short film. I was very fascinated by the whole experience of trying to watch all the screens and the atmosphere of the club, which drew my attention away from the actual story, making it difficult for me to understand the details and message of the film being portrayed by the director, therefore I had trouble getting involved in the later discussion. Nonetheless, I would really like to go back one of these nights to Sketch and see what kind of scene that place is at night. I have already seen many different forms of nightlife in the first week or so of being here, from a night of lust to tiny punk rock concerts in the back of pubs and a club just like the ones in the states. A night at Sketch would be another unique experience giving me another taste of London’s vast diversity.

No comments: