Sunday, June 3, 2007

Rock & Roll Cinema

Rock & Roll Cinema was a very new experience for me because I had never gone to a film festival before and I wasn’t too sure of what to expect. I had actually thought the films would be about rock and roll. The variety of the films was interesting, as well as entertaining, with comedy, music videos, and animation. I thought the first film, “Noodles,” was a great opener because it was funny, simple, and a possibly realistic situation. I also found “The Dance Lesson” funny as the actor demonstrated common dance moves with such rigid body movements and minimal facial expression. “La Vie D’Un Chien” was hilarious, and the situation between the scientist and his dog seemed surreal, but the movie depicted ‘the freedom to love’ well. My favourite would have to be “Tales of Mere Existence” because it poked fun at such realistic situations, especially the last segment of the argument between the boyfriend and girlfriend. My only problem was that the last movie, “Le Relax” was all in French so I didn’t fully understand what was happening. The dialogue could give the actions different meanings. Overall, I enjoyed the short films and experiencing what they are about.
--Marissa Verdeflor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

test

Lauren Cartwright said...

Rock and Roll Cinema

My favourite of the short films was La Vie D'un Chien. It had an interesting plot and it was also really funny. I think that it definately made me laugh the most out of all the films. It was cool how they made an interesting film out of all still images and narrations without actors or moving video. It also gave me a chance to see how much french I could understand since I last studied it in highschool. My second favourite had to be Dance Lesson. I love how they used everyday actions to create dance moves. I thought that the video Lucky was pretty good too although I think that after all that they could have let the guy live after he stopped the car. I think that they want you to wonder how exactly that guy got into the situation and why cuz I know I did. I thought that the experience was a really good first cinetrek.