Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Rock & Roll Cinema

Wow, I thoroughly enjoyed Rock & Roll Cinema at 93 Feet East. I was uncertain of what exactly to expect especially when stepping off the Tube station and going through Asian town. Then all of a sudden the street began to widen and there were throngs of people everywhere. It appeared that the area in which the cinetreks was held was catering to the younger generation. But it would be completely appropriate to those of older generations. The many festivities in the street and the different food and pubs were different than anything I’ve seen. The place where the actual event was held was very entertaining. For example, the race track that had the remote control car made me remember being a little kid and playing with this amazing toy. I liked the next room where the films were featured. The atmosphere was very relaxed which was refreshing and it wasn’t too much of a typical movie theater feel. I enjoyed the first film Noodles, it was a good short film to kick off the series. The humor was easy for everyone to understand regardless of cultural differences. Lucky was different than the other short films and was full of action. It made me not want to take my eyes off the screen because it was hypnotizing. Lastly, the other film I enjoyed was Tales of Mere Existence, where everything was animated. This film can relate to anyone from any culture, because it appears that every person experiences the similar emotions. I wish I could experience events similar to the one at 93 Feet East in the states. If there were events like this, I think many people would attend. This was a great start and introduction to the rest of the class for this summer.
-Michelle Macaluso

No comments: