Tuesday, June 19, 2007

28 Weeks Later

28 Weeks Later is the best blockbuster film I have seen so far this summer. However, there are still a lot of films I would like to see when back in the states, so I am guessing it will be topped. Prior to seeing this film, I had no idea what to expect or what it was about. Basically, I was dragged to the theater with my friends to see this film on its opening weekend, and in the back of my mind I was hoping the film would be sold out, so we would have to see something else. Not till the film started did the realization that I was watching another zombie film come out, and honestly, I thought the film was going to suck. 28 Weeks Later stars Jeremy Renner and Rose Byrne who are the heroes of the film. Trying not to ruin too much for those of you who read this and have not seen the film, they nearly save both kids from the outbreak. This movie was thrilling, scary, and funny and kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. After seeing the film, it even made me second guess my trip to London, but that thought was short lived and only lasted a few minutes. Another reason I enjoyed the film was the fact that it did take place in London and knowing I would be living here very soon, seemed to make the film just that much more enjoyable. I still have yet to see the first film, 28 Days Later, and really want to now. By seeing 28 Weeks Later first, I hope I did not ruin the first one for myself.

No comments: