Sunday, June 3, 2007

rock and roll cinema

I've been to a lot of film festivals in California and I've enjoyed them all, I've also been part of a couple short films because one of my room mates in San Diego is a film major. However, as much fun as the film festivals in the past have been, this one beat them all, the location, the people, the mood, even if the films hadnt been as good as they were I probably still would have fun just sitting drinking good beer with good people; luckily the movies were also all pretty entertaining. My favorite was "Sketch" it cracked me up. In the U.S. the film festivals are often pretty tame, I loved that everyone was chatting and drinking, not just quietly sitting. Also the music was a lot of fun, it made me want to get up and dance, though I didn't really see any British people dancing which discouraged me from jumping up, maybe dancing just isnt that big here.
Anyway, I love the fact that here everyone can drink at the movies, and party in the streets, or just hang out listening to loud music and racing little toy cars. This was one of my favorite outings, though I think I could do without the indoor smoking, one of the few cultural differences that I just don't like, now I smell like an ash tray.

No comments: