Sunday, June 10, 2007

Klimt

On first impressions after watching this film I would have said that any scene could be omitted from the film and I still would have no idea what the hell was going on. However, after discovering that Klimt was dying of siffilus the film seemed to make a lot more sense. It was very strange and confusing but I guess you can chalk that all up to the fact that the guy was going clinically insane. This film was a little too artsie fartsie for me I think. I think the scene without which the film would have made little sense is one of the beginning scenes in which Klimt stirs the water below the swinging models so as to capture their reflections in his painting because throughout the film there were sounds of stirring and splashing water in scenes with no water and I think this would have made much less sense without that beginnig scene. Definately the weirdest movie so far.

No comments: