Monday, June 4, 2007

Rock and Roll Cinema

Not only was the scheduled cineTREK of seeing a series of short films a new experience for me, but the surrounding area turned out to be an experience as well. There was so much going on down that tiny, one lane road to the place. I call it place because I’m not sure whether it was a bar, club, movie theater, concert venue or kids toy room, with the bowling, cars, and other games. I have also never seen so many people, from so many different cultures, doing so many different things in one location like that before. From the street vendors, musicians, dancers and all the Indian restaurants trying to get our business. The short films were entertaining too and I enjoyed watching them, but what I will remember most from that night are the hours leading up to the short films. I’m looking forward to checking out the one in San Diego so I can see how it compares.

No comments: