Friday, July 17, 2009

Fiesta!!!

I’m not sure there is much to say about our Mexican fiesta night other than DELICIOUS! After four weeks in London, our Californian stomachs were in desperate need of some real Mexican food and thanks to Professor Nericcio, we will be able to survive the remaining two. The night was made even better because it felt a little like a reunion. Most of our group was just coming back from Amsterdam and most were leaving for various countries the next day. It was our one night to regroup and be together again. Professor Nericcio said something that I really liked. He said that we were like little kittens in the way that we are so comfortable with each other and how we cuddle up on the floor and the couches. And when I looked at all of us- coloring, taking pictures, drinking, picking music- I thought, I could not have chosen a better group of people to be here with. We have amazing chemistry and it is only made stronger by more time together. We joke about being the cast of Survivor or Big Brother, but the pettiness and disagreements that exist on those shows don’t exist here. Plus, I don’t think I could really vote any of you off- not even for a million dollars. Now, I know I’m supposed to be talking about the food, but I couldn’t help getting side-tracked. I hope we have many more fiestas in San Diego and Nericcio, you are always welcome to cook!

No comments: