Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fiesta

The fiesta that we had last night was the culmination of many things: our search for the perfect Mexican food, a great semester abroad, and the end of just a tremendously entertaining night. We have been on the hunt for good Mexican food for a few weeks now, and we have failed multiple times. We tried at a restaurant on Portobello road, we tried Whole Foods, and we tried a Restaurant in Amsterdam. While all of the places were decent, they did not come close to what was experienced last night. I woke up from a nap to the most amazing smells walking their way down the hall. As I got closer to the kitchen, their intensity grew stronger and stronger. When it was finally time to eat, I couldn’t help but leap from the couch and hurry to the kitchen, where the feast was waiting. The burrito that I made was by far the best meal that I have had on this trip. It was everything that I had been searching for in a Mexican style meal since we got here. It was so satisfying to finally get that flavor and spices that I had been longing to find. The fact that I loved the meal so much came from three different things: a home cooked meal, finally, great company, and even greater flavor.
The meal left me craving more of Dr. Nericcio’s cooking. He stated that he was going to either cook Mexican or Italian, now I wish we were able to have both! Last nights dinner was all due to a lot of invested time and impeccable cooking from our chef, who I can’t thank enough for a most delicious meal.

No comments: