Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Vibe Bar

What a great night with my new group of friends’ people that I met no less than 72 hours ago. When we all walked into the Vibe Bar I was unsure of what to expect, but boy it was an awesome experience. The door was black and there was music oozing out of into the patio! As we all walked in to get our first drinks, one of many drinks to come of the night, it was something I have never seen before in my life. The bar was very artistic with different colors and pictures and inside the music was blaring and one could not help to have an incredible time. Looking at the bar witnessing the bartenders working their magic by making different types of drinks was captivating in itself as I glanced over the stool to which beer to choose I realized there are no beers I have seen before and in some ways it brought me out of my comfort zone. After getting a beer I watched all the different types of people in this place, some old, some young, some getting off work and some looking like they have never worked a day in their lives. With such a diverse audience of people I wondered how did they view a bunch of American college students coming into their bar and also into their culture? After sitting and having a few pints I was back in my comfort zone and bonding with all my new friends and I caught myself thinking about how real this is now and only about 6 months I was sitting in an orientation meeting and now this life changing experience is going on before my eyes.

No comments: