Saturday, June 27, 2009

Comedy Show

The first mildly startling thing I experienced at this show was the close, almost stifling proximity to other members of the audience, as well as the performer himself. It was very stuffy and hot, but contained a warm, personal environment. On to the comedy...
It is tough to decide whether I actually liked this show or not. The humor was definitely different than what I have experienced in the past. Obviously only having been here for a few weeks makes it difficult to understand all the references made to British culture, especially names. But I found that the comedian's intelligence and wit was able to make up for the references I did not understand. The material was quite vulgar, yet nothing really shocked or offended me.
One joke was made regarding KFC and how we eat it out of a bucket. The comedian was saying that we are "no better than animals" eating this terrible food, but to make it worse, they serve it to you in a bucket. Like its basically the lowest you can get. The two guys next to me found this HILARIOUS, but it didn't do to much for me. That did make me wonder why that is but I still dont know the answer... In closing, although I did enjoy the experience, the humor was much different in it's presentation than I am used to, making it less funny and more difficult to understand.

No comments: